The course rating block allows students to rate courses between 1 and 5 stars. Can also be configured to allow text ratings and peer suggestions.
This block can be installed on request to your Totara site, please raise a ticket with the support desk to do so.
Enable text review: If checked the reviewer can also leave enter text along with their star rating.
Using the block
Use the standard Totara workflow to add the rating block to a course: https://help.totaralearning.com/display/TL110/Blocks
To add a block to your course follow these steps:
- Select Turn editing on for the particular page.
- Find the block you want to add from the Add a block dropdown menu.
Once added to a course any enrolled user can rate the course by clicking on the star scale.
Depending on what is enabled for your site they can also:
- Enter a text rating (click the Review button and type their review)
- Recommend to other users (click Recommend and start typing, the list will populate with user matches)
- Mark other users' text ratings as useful (click "I found this review useful")
- Rate/review more than once