An administrator can upload historical completion records via CSV file.
Your CSV file must include:
- username: The Username of for the completion record
- courseshortname: This is the course shortname and is visible to learner in the course page breadcrumbs
- courseidnumber: The course ID number if used, leave field blank if not used
- completiondate: The date the course was completed
- grade: The course grade, must contain 0 if no grade
- Column headings must match the field name in the Totara database e.g. username not Username
- The file must be saved as a .csv file
- Courseidnumber column must exist in the CSV file. Leave blank if not used.
- Grade column must include a grade. User 0 if not grade information.
- Navigate to Upload Completion Records in Site administration > Courses > Upload Completion Records
- The Upload courses page appears
- Upload the .csv file to File
- Default evidence type is used for any course shortname that can't be found, the process will add the completion record as an evidence item in the record of learning.
- CSV Value separated by should be left as default
- CSV Text Delimited with should be left as default
- CSV File encoding should be left as default
- Set Override current course completions. If selected this will remove any existing course completions and replace with the records in the CSV. This is not recommended, could overwrite a more up to date completion.
- Set Case insensitive shortnames. If selected this will not consider case sensitivity when looking for a course shortname match. This is not recommended, could match the completion records to the wrong course
- Select Upload
- Courses automatically pick up the system defaults unless the defaults are specified in the CSV file or these can be set here for all courses in the upload.
- Select Upload courses
- Report of upload displays, select Continue.